Heart failure

Woman Who Accuses Heart Failure Of Eating Five Scratching Bags Brings Legal Action | United Kingdom | New

This morning: Dr Chris reveals symptoms of food poisoning

Susan Williamson of Blackhall Colliery in County Durham was diagnosed with Salmonella Infantis with doctors later concluding that her heart was not pumping blood around her body as well as it should. The 64-year-old was one of 179 people who reportedly suffered from diarrhea, vomiting and fever after eating Mr Porky’s snacks.

She tasked public health experts from the law firm Irwin Mitchell to investigate.

Susan said: “The last few months have been an absolute nightmare and it doesn’t seem to be over anytime soon.

“When I got sick after eating the pork scratches, I thought it might make me a little sick and discolour for a few days. I never imagined that it would lead to salmonella and I would still suffer for more than two months.

“I am still not well now and I have been told that I will need medical attention for a long time. It has been such a traumatic time for me and my family.

Sue Williamson fell ill after eating pork scrapes (Image: PA / Irwin Mitchell)

Tayto factory

Mr Porky products are made by Tayto Group (Image: Google)

“It’s also very disturbing to think that there might be more people suffering like me. We deserve to have answers.”

Irwin Mitchell was educated by eight people who say they fell ill after eating Mr Porky products made by Tayto Group Ltd at a factory in Bolton.

These products were recalled in September with Public Health England and the Food Standards Agency (FSA) urging people not to eat packages with an expiration date until February 2022.

A spokesperson for the Tayto Group said at the time: “The safety of our products is of the utmost importance, which is why we have made the decision to launch a preventive recall for certain products. We work closely with the local environmental health team. and the FSA right now. “

READ MORE

Isolate humiliated Britain as protesters block truck

Pork scratches

Pork scratches (Image: digifoodstock.com/Czech News Agency / PA Images)

Pigs

Pork gratins are made from pork knuckles (Image: Getty)

Susan bought a multipack of five snack bags on August 3 and ate them for a few days.

She fell ill on August 8, suffering from illnesses, diarrhea and hallucinations. As her condition deteriorated, she contacted her GP and the NHS 111 service.

She was transported to hospital by ambulance, admitted and put on an IV during the night of August 12. She was released the next morning.

Two days later, Susan was readmitted. She was diagnosed with Salmonella Infantis on August 17 before being released after six days.

DO NOT MISS :
Queen flies to Sandringham on first trip since health crisis [REVEAL]
Prince Charles called Camilla “in tears” after an argument with the Queen [INSIGHT]
EU crisis as Germany and France issue harsh Nexit ultimatum [ANALYSIS]

What is listeria?

What is listeria? (Image: Express)

Susan returned to her doctor’s office several times, complaining of breathing problems, loss of appetite, fatigue and tremors.

She went to the hospital where she was given a chest x-ray. An ECG was taken and it was discovered that she was suffering from heart failure. She was admitted to the hospital again.

Doctors told Susan that she would need continued care and surgery on her heart.

Susan and her husband Paul were to spend two vacations in their motorhome, but these were canceled due to her illness.

Claire Pearson

Clare Pearson of Irwin Mitchell (Photo: Irwin Mitchell)

Life is still not back to normal as Susan is still suffering from fatigue and complications from Salmonella, relying on Paul’s love and care.

Sebastian Thornton, 37, from Malton in North Yorkshire, said he ate Mr Porky’s pork scrapes as part of a Thai dish and fell ill on July 1 with a fever , diarrhea, sweating and lethargy.

The freelance carpenter also suffered tremors and was bleeding. He was hospitalized on July 4 and was released two days later with antibiotics.

His illness and its aftermath lasted for about six weeks, during which time he had to postpone work.

Sebastian said: “By the time I heard about the recall, I had already eaten the pork scratchings. Within days, I was feeling unwell.

“I ended up having to go to the hospital and after I was released I was told I had infant Salmonella. It was a huge shock. The impact of my illness lasted for about six weeks, I didn’t I was therefore unable to work during this period.

“It is really worrying to think that so many other people have also been stricken with symptoms of salmonella. I think it is important that an investigation be carried out to try to prevent this from happening to me. others in the future. “

Clare Pearson, public health lawyer at Irwin Mitchell, said: “Not only is salmonella a serious bacterial infection, it can often lead to long-lasting and long-lasting health problems and even death. In some cases, salmonella is known to have the ability to cause cardiovascular complications.

“While we can’t change what Susan and the others we represent are going through, we are determined to get them the answers they deserve. If others have also fallen ill like Susan after eating pork gratins , we would like to hear about it because it will help us in our investigations. ”

A spokesperson for the Tayto Group said, “We take the safety of our products very seriously, which is why we promptly halted production and launched a product recall. Since then, together with the relevant agencies, we have carried out a detailed investigation and implemented changes before restarting. production.

“We have been in direct contact with a number of consumers and are working closely with them to resolve their issues. We are very sorry to hear that a number of people are still not feeling well and we wish them a speedy recovery. “


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *